Welcome to the website www.trofcareers.com (“Company,” “we,” “us,” “our,” “Trof Careers”). This Site is operated by Trof Services Pvt Ltd and has been created to provide information about us and our activities including, but not restricted to, our online video education services, aggregator services and related services (together with the Site, the “Services”). The said services could be performed by us, our training partners, our training affiliates, mentors to our Service visitors/ Students. All such training partners, affiliates, mentors and students put together are known as “Users,” “you,” “your,” for the purpose of this document.
- The type of personal information (including sensitive personal data or information) that we collect from Users
- The purpose of collection, its means and modes of usage of such personal information by us.
- How and to whom Trof Careers will disclose such information.
- How we will protect the personal information including sensitive personal data or in-formation that is collected from the Buyers.
- How Buyer’s may access and/ or modify their personal information.
Purchasing E-Learning Materials
Information We Collect
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
- Profiling Information:
- Information which you provide when you subscribe or register for a Service.
- Information which you provide when you register as a mentor/instructor
- Personal Identity: Information about your personal identity such as name, date of birth, gender, age, etc.
- Your financial information such as your banking details and any information relating to your income and lifestyle levels (if requested and provided)
- Your contact details such as your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone, mobile and fax numbers and the like (if requested and provided).
- Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history, payment account email address, account ID, physical address, or other data necessary for us to send payments to your account (if requested and provided). We maintain this in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Service Usage: Information about your navigation using our services, for example the URL’s of websites, which you visit and from which you request downloads.
- Log Information: Information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, date and time of request.
- Transactional Information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities (if requested and provided).
- Correspondence Information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our services, which include email communications, comments, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, contests and entries, fax mail communications, membership of mailing lists, etc.
- Course data:
- When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed, your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
- Further, if you are an instructor/ training provider, we will collect details of your institute, your courses, assignments/ project details, or any other details that would be required for us to list your course on our website.
- User IDs: Your usernames, nicknames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our services.
- Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
- Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Trof Careers through the Services, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Trof Careers may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Trof Careers affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that any information collected through this process is purely incidental and there is no specific attempt is being made to collect such Personal Data in this process.
- Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Trof Careers often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the Personal Data, and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and Trof Careers may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents, and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Trof Careers may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Location Information: Our Service may collect and use your location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device) to provide certain functionality of our Service. If you choose to enable our location features, your location information may be publicly displayed within the Service. Please keep in mind that other users can see this information about you, and they may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities outside of our control and without your knowledge. Your location information may be subject to abuse, misuse, and monitoring by others, so please be careful if you choose to enable location functionality. We may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described above in the “Aggregated Personal Data” section.
What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyse how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from instructors and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements
- Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time)
- Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app)
- Manage your account preferences
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse
- Solicit feedback from users
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by Trof Careers
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analysing the data with the help of analytics service providers
- Identify unique users across devices
- Tailor advertisements across devices
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications
- As required or permitted by law
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with instructors, other students, companies performing services for us, our business partners, our training partners and affiliates, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With Your Instructors/ Training provider:
- We share data that we have about you with instructors or teaching assistants for courses you enrol in or request information about, so they can improve their courses for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to Trof Careers, and your activities on Trof Careers. If we collect additional data about you (like age or gender), we may share that too. We also enable our instructors to implement Google Analytics on their course pages to track sources of traffic to their courses and optimize their course pages.
- With Your Mentors: We share data that we have about you with mentors (includes experts, moderators and interviewers) depending on which services you register for or request information about, so they can improve their provision of services for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to Trof Careers, and your activities on Trof Careers. If we collect additional data about you (like age or gender), we may share that too. We also enable our mentors to implement Google Analytics on their profile/ page to track sources of traffic to their courses and optimize their course pages.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics etc., we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data or De-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: We may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioural advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Trof Careers, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- During a Change in Control: If Trof Careers undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After Aggregation/De-identification: We can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
- Authentication and security
- To log you into Trof Careers
- To protect your security
- To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate our agreements
- For example, cookies help authenticate your access to our website and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember data about your browser and your preferences
- To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit.
- Analytics and Research
- To help us improve and understand how people use our website
- For example, cookies help us test different versions of our website to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with us, like the links you click on.
- Personalized content
- To customize our website with more relevant content
- For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
- To provide you with more relevant advertising
Integrating Social Networking Services
One of the special features we plan to add of the Service we provide is that it would allow you to enable or log in to the Services via various social networking services like Facebook or Twitter (“Social Networking Service(s)”). By directly integrating these services, we make your online experiences richer and more personalized. To take advantage of this feature, we will ask you to log into or grant us permission via the relevant Social Networking Service. When you add a Social Networking Services account to the Service or log into the Service using your Social Networking Services account, we will collect relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Social Networking Service and your data contained within that Social Networking Service.
You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Networking Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Service); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Networking Services you have enabled will be able to view such activity.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. We will use industry standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures to keep your Personally Identifiable Information confidential and secure, and will not share it with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice, or unless such disclosure is necessary in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, as permitted by applicable law. Because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personally Identifiable Information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails communications are typically not encrypted and should not be considered secure.
Accessing & Modifying Personal Information
You may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to personal information that you have provided to us. If you register or respond to listings or posts on the Website or post any content on the Website, we may send you certain notifications, listings, promotions, surveys, text messages, specials and phone calls in relation to the Services. You hereby unconditionally allow us and our service providers to contact you via text messages or by phone calls and agree that you shall have no claim against Trof Careers or its service providers under any applicable law.
We may also send you any legally required notifications and certain notifications, including but not limited to, service related notices or notices regarding a change to any of our policies. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Website. In order to opt-out of receiving these notices, you may need to deactivate your account. You can opt out of certain e-mail communications from us, including our newsletters. We will not change your preferences without your consent. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional communications from Trof Careers related to your account.
Third-Party Advertising Partners
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Services.
Policy for Children
Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms & Conditions
Notification of Changes
Contact Trof Careers
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
No.14, 2nd floor, 2nd cross, CSI compound, Mission road, Bangalore – 560027
to report any violations of these Terms & Conditions or to pose any questions regarding the Terms & Conditions or the Service.